Thursday, March 02, 2006

Master of Suspense

During the last one week I have watched 4 Alfred Hitchcock movies - "Rear Window", "Vertigo", "The man who knew too much", and "To catch a thief". Previously I had this feeling that watching movies which are almost 50 years older won't be much interesting, but now I realized that Hitchcock movies are at least an exception. The first 3 movies – “Rear Window”, “Vertigo” and “The man who knew too much” are excellent thrillers with good suspense till the end, though "To catch a thief" is an ordinary. Later I was reading about Alfred Hitchcock and found that he couldn't win an Oscar for any of his directional ventures, which is quite sad and unfortunate I believe.

I always liked watching suspense, detective movies or that handles stories with a hidden horror throughout. I am looking forward to watch more Alfred Hitchcock movies - especially "Psycho" which considered as one of his masterpieces.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Psycho is a classic. I never got a chance to see the other Hitchcock movies. :-(

9:21 AM  
Blogger Redz said...

is it???

i might try to get 1

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home